Jan 15, 2020
"My longterm vision for Eco-Stylist is really to put myself out of business. I really want to get to a point where every brand is sustainable and ethical, where we can trust all brands…I think it would be amazing if there wasn’t a need for this [an ethical and sustainable marketplace].” Garik Himebaugh
Meet Garik Himebaugh, the
founder of Eco-Stylist, an online
marketplace for ethically and sustainably made men’s clothing. His
mission? To help men look dapper while simultaneously supporting
sustainable and ethical brands. Or as he puts it, to encourage men
to “dress like they give a damn!”
In this episode we chat about:
- How his
relationship with his brother led him to pursue a degree in
- What inspired him to launch Eco-Stylist.
- His passion for entrepreneurship and fashion.
- How his chance encounter with Peter Sacco, the co-founder of Adelante Shoe Company inspired him to promote ethical and sustainable brands.
- His biggest entrepreneurial challenge.
- Challenges of conscious consumerism.
- Why he decided to partner with Remake and the importance of brand transparency.
- And so much more!
This was a great conversation so without further ado, let’s get started.