Jan 22, 2020
Meet Nicole McGrew, a former White House attorney and the owner of Threadleaf, a sustainable and ethical fashion store located in Alexandria Va. Her goal? To make it easier for women in the DC and Northern Virginia area to shop more sustainably and consciously!
In this episode we chat about:
- Nicole's passion for fashion
(she was into fashion at a very early age)
- Why she left the Fashion Institute of Technology to pursue a law degree at Georgetown University.
- Her desire to make a lasting impact and difference in people’s lives.
- The work she did throughout her career as a lawyer prior to founding Threadleaf and the emotional toll it had on her (FYI, Nicole was Deputy General Counsel for the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy during the Obama administration).
- Why she decided to open her own ethical and sustainable fashion store.
- The challenges she's faced over the last few years running an ethical fashion store.
- And so much more!
This was such a fun conversation and one I think you'll really enjoy! Happy listening!