May 26, 2020
Meet Deanna Cook, the founder of LIYA
Collective, a slow fashion brand making minimalist accessories
for the modern woman. Most recently, the creator of the beautiful,
versatile, and ethically created silk scarf.
In today’s episode Deanna and I chat about:
- The journey that led her to launch LIYA
collective (she had planned on becoming a lawyer but her path
led her down a different route.)
- Why donating our lightly used clothes isn’t always
the most sustainable option + where they end up.
- Why she decided to launch a sustainable/ethical
accessories brand and her vision for the future.
- All about the silk making process and the benefits
of using a textile such as silk.
- The difference between traditional silk and peace
- The challenges she overcame to create a
sustainable/ethical supply chain
- The importance of conscious consumerism.
- And more!
This was such a great conversation! Happy