Oct 24, 2018
"The best time to start was yesterday, the second best time to start is today. Whatever your dream is, whether it’s launching a business or it’s to get super fit, or travel the world, etc., start today. There’s no better time. I think people are always waiting for the right time but, life never gets less complicated. In ten years don’t tell me your life is going to be easier for you. So, if you really want it, there’s no point in waiting." - Samir Goel
My guest today is Samir Goel, Co-Founder of Esusu, a mobile platform designed to empower users to better save their income, access larger sums of capital, and build credit and financial identity through rotational savings.
In this episode we
- The journey that led Samir, and his co-founder Abbey Wemimo, to founding Esusu
- The entrepreneurial challenges they’ve had to overcome to get to where they are today
- How Esusu is building a pathway to financial access and opportunity for typically marginalized communities.
- The history & culture around the financial system of rotational savings (what and how it works)
- The importance of a healthy work-life balance
- Samir's passion for hip-hop
Had a wonderful time chatting with Samir and I think you'll find this episode to be really interesting and fun.